Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Tecumseh Time!

Here I sit, five days out from my 18th marathon. Eighteen is a pretty arbitrary number but you see Tecumseh was my first. In a way it's like revisiting an old friend, going home for the holidays six years in a row. Ever seen that movie Breaking Away? It's my husband's all time fav flick. No I'm not getting off track here, there's a connection. The Tecumseh trail winds through Brown County and Yellowwood State Park which was the backdrop of the aforementioned movie. What's cooler yet is the hotel where the film crew stayed oh so many years ago is where we rest our weary heads every year the night before the race! So my husband gets a big kick out of that!

Off season, a funny concept when I'm about to run a marathon. A marathon that rivals most of the difficult things I've done in my life. We climb 3,200' and descend about the same. We jump logs and cross streams (over 40 of those suckers) on the first Saturday of December..... I'm looking forward to this year's race with temps in the 50s I'm shedding the layers and enjoying the late season warmth! I HATE the midwest winters, HATE HATE HATE!

I don't want to give too much away, race recap in a little over a week! Wish me luck. Planning on wearing the Garmin this year, I want to upload the elevation profile something I'm well aware of but I want to see the end result!

Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment